Ways to Give Now
Donor Advised Funds
Donor Advised Funds permit donors to make a charitable donation to LBCF, a 501(c)3, at any time and take an immediate tax deduction. Over time, donors may recommend grants to support qualified nonprofits of their choice in Laguna Beach or elsewhere. A tax advantageous alternative to private foundations, DAFs offer similar benefits while eliminating burdensome regulatory requirements. DAFs may be named after a family, a loved one, or kept anonymous. LBCF staff completes the required due diligence on charities recommended to receive grants and sends the donations with a personalized cover letter. The DAF holder directs grants through an online portal and is informed by email when the donation is completed.
Advantages of opening a Donor Advised Fund with Laguna Beach Community Foundation:
- Benefit from immediate and maximum tax benefits
- More significant tax benefits and less administrative burden than private foundation
- World-class investment committee working on your behalf to make the most of your giving
- A fund can be opened in 24-48 hours with as little as $5,000
- Minimal administrative fees go back to supporting the Laguna Beach Community Foundation and the services we offer
Other Ways to Give Now
Interested in supporting the local arts community or affecting change on the environment, learn about how you can give to the LBCF Field of Interest Funds. Are you looking to support Laguna Beach for the long-term by addressing issues tomorrow that we may not see today? See how you can help Enrich Laguna. You can also join other community leaders by becoming a Friend of Laguna Beach Community Foundation and supporting our mission of advancing local philanthropy. Any way you choose to give, we look forward to partnering with you to meet your philanthropic goals.